2021 Highlight Archive
October 21, 2021
Halloween Impaired Driving Prevention - October 31, 2021
Halloween is meant to be scary, but not when it comes to driving. Yet, when it comes to impaired driving, Halloween can turn the roads into a horror fest.
- During Halloween night 2019, there were 21 vehicle occupants and 4 pedestrians killed in drunk-driving crashes.
August 24, 2021
Prevent your child from playing with fire
And what to do if they’re already misusing candles, matches, lighters and more.
May 20, 2021
It's National Stop the Bleed Day! Raise Your Hand for #stopthebleed
You can learn to Stop the Bleed and save a life!
- Traumatic injury is the leading cause of death for people between 1 – 45 years of age. Approximately 35% of pre-hospital deaths are due to blood loss.
- That makes uncontrolled bleeding a major cause of preventable deaths.
- Death from traumatic blood loss can occur in less than 5 minutes. But the average EMS response time is 7 – 10 minutes in the U.S. So emergency bystander and first responder treatment is an essential life-saving skill.
- In short, the more people and organizations find out about STOP THE BLEED® and become trained and equipped, the more lives that will be saved.
- Get trained and Raise Your Hand #stopthebleed