The 2023 Arson Awareness Week theme is Youth Firesetting Prevention, hosted by the United States Fire Administration. Children are often curious about fire. While curiosity is normal, there are things you can inform parents and caregivers about to prevent children from experimenting with fire. Learn more by viewing the recorded webinar taught by Karla Klas, BSN, RN, CCRP from the University of Michigan - Michigan Medicine Trauma Burn Center. Additional tips and information are also available at USFA and the Trauma Burn Center.
U-M Health’s Trauma Burn Center is considered one of the best in the country. Each year, the center treats more than 1,400 patients with severe injuries. On top of clinical success, community partners bolster these efforts by improving the experience for patients both during and after they have been in the team’s care. Click through for a look back at special holiday events benefiting those served by the Trauma Burn Center!
How fast does fire move? Very fast. You could have less than 2 minutes to get out safely once the smoke alarm sounds. Every Second Counts, Plan 2 Ways Out
Halloween Impaired Driving Prevention - October 31, 2021
Halloween is meant to be scary, but not when it comes to driving. Yet, when it comes to impaired driving, Halloween can turn the roads into a horror fest.
- During Halloween night 2019, there were 21 vehicle occupants and 4 pedestrians killed in drunk-driving crashes.
And what to do if they’re already misusing candles, matches, lighters and more.
You can learn to Stop the Bleed and save a life!
- Traumatic injury is the leading cause of death for people between 1 – 45 years of age. Approximately 35% of pre-hospital deaths are due to blood loss.
- That makes uncontrolled bleeding a major cause of preventable deaths.
- Death from traumatic blood loss can occur in less than 5 minutes. But the average EMS response time is 7 – 10 minutes in the U.S. So emergency bystander and first responder treatment is an essential life-saving skill.
- In short, the more people and organizations find out about STOP THE BLEED® and become trained and equipped, the more lives that will be saved.
- Get trained and Raise Your Hand #stopthebleed