Halloween Impaired Driving Prevention - October 31, 2021
Halloween is meant to be scary, but not when it comes to driving. Yet, when it comes to impaired driving, Halloween can turn the roads into a horror fest.
- During Halloween night 2019, there were 21 vehicle occupants and 4 pedestrians killed in drunk-driving crashes.
And what to do if they’re already misusing candles, matches, lighters and more.
You can learn to Stop the Bleed and save a life!
- Traumatic injury is the leading cause of death for people between 1 – 45 years of age. Approximately 35% of pre-hospital deaths are due to blood loss.
- That makes uncontrolled bleeding a major cause of preventable deaths.
- Death from traumatic blood loss can occur in less than 5 minutes. But the average EMS response time is 7 – 10 minutes in the U.S. So emergency bystander and first responder treatment is an essential life-saving skill.
- In short, the more people and organizations find out about STOP THE BLEED® and become trained and equipped, the more lives that will be saved.
- Get trained and Raise Your Hand #stopthebleed